The Self-Swab Model (SSM) is a swab test operating model that allows swab testing to be conducted at the premises of the company. The swab test will be carried out by an appointed Healthcare Provider together with a partnering laboratory.
Self-Swab Grant Scheme
To encourage companies to adopt the SSM, the Self-Swab Grant Scheme is an initiative by HPB to promote greater flexibility, sustainability, and ownership of swab testing in the companies whose workers need to undergo Rostered Routine Testing (RRT).
The provision of the Self-Swab Grant Scheme is to support companies in partnering with approved private healthcare providers (HCPs) in conducting Rostered Routine Testing at their premises. The grant will cover the swabs and laboratory tests, and any retests due to inconclusive results.
Self-Swab Operating Model for Company Premises and Work Sites
Key components of the Self-Swab Model for Work Sites where swab testing is carried out by approved private HCPs are as follows:
- To support companies whose projects are composed of more than 250 in RRT population and whose purpose is aimed at site operational efficiency.
- To provide convenience and accessibility to project workers by providing swab testing at their workplace or project site.
- Swab operations to be set up and managed by the partnering healthcare provider together with the company.
- Employers to bear the expenses for setup and additional deployment or other operating expenses covered under the service package proposed by the licenced swab service provider.
Eligibility for Self-Swab Grant
The interested company is required to partner with a licensed private HCP and laboratory to seek approval from the Ministry of Health (MOH) to conduct the swab test at the company’s designated premises. Upon receiving the license to swab at the site, the company is required to apply with HPB for the grant. The grant provided is at $12.00 per swab test sample and $90.00 for each laboratory test (UTM – Universal Transport Medium).
Application for Self-Swab Grant
Companies interested to receive the grant must send the Self-Swab Grant Application
Form to HPB supported by the following documents:
- Licence of the site to conduct self-swab operations; and
- Licence of the approved private HCP to conduct Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) swabs at the site. The Grant is applicable only for PCR swab tests.
Successful applicants will receive a Letter of Award that will state the effective date of the grant period which will be valid till the end of March 2022. This is to match with the Financial Year (April 2020- March 2021).
Companies are to send the Grant Claim Form to Testing Operations Task Group (TOTG) Self-Swab Grant Administration Section (SGAC) monthly till the end of the grant period.
Frequently Asked Questions