Enterprise Development Grant to Build Employee Engagement
At HPB, we encourage companies to create a work environment that is engaging and supportive to their employees. We believe that people are a company's most valuable asset and their care and support should be a priority. Hence, we have collaborated with Enterprise Singapore to help Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) improve their employees’ psychological well-being and build capabilities in employee engagement.
From 1 October 2016*, your company can apply for Enterprise Singapore's Development Grant for projects that build sustainable strategies for employee engagement.
Employee engagement helps employees to be more productive, creative and motivated to contribute to organisational success. Strategies to improve employee engagement include:
- Effective internal communications strategy/processes
- Positive and supportive management and leadership styles and behaviour for leaders and line managers
- Holistic psychological well-being programmes for employees
By investing in these strategies, your company becomes an employer of choice, increasing its ability to attract and retain talent.
The grant covers up to 70% of qualifying project costs, such as consultancy and training costs. Your company can embark on a 12 to 18-month project that involves the following components:
- Assessment of company’s employee engagement profile
- Identification of gaps and creation of employee engagement and mental well-being solutions
- Coaching of company leaders on ways to effectively implement engagement and well-being programmes at the workplace
- Evaluation of interventions
Eligibility criteria for SMEs
Your company needs to:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore
- Have at least 30% local shareholding
- Have a group annual sales turnover of ≤ S$100 million or a group employment of ≤ 200 employees
Application and further enquiries
If your company meets the eligibility criteria and is keen to embark on a project, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Note that applications are subject to Enterprise Singapore’s approval. The scheme will be reviewed after a one-year term and may be subject to changes.