At HPB, we encourage schools to establish a culture that promotes healthy living through our Health Promoting Schools Framework. Here are some programmes your school can adopt to empower students, staff and parents in supporting this culture. Some of these programmes are also available to Full-time Madrasahs.
You can register for these programmes through your zonal leads.
Creating a supportive environment
We have a variety of programmes that help students learn about nutrition, physical activity, substance abuse, mental health and sexuality education.
Providing targeted intervention for identified groups
These programmes aim to help students whose health are at risk due to poor weight management or addictions. Students are empowered to make lifestyle modifications and develop healthy coping habits.
Building the capacity of stakeholders
These programmes equip parents and students to promote healthy living among their family and peers.
Sample road map
Here is an example of how your school can implement a variety of health programmes targeting different health aspects throughout the year:
||Focus and programmes
- Healthy Meals in School Programme
- Eat Right, Get Moving - A Healthier Start: parents' workshop
| Term 2
Focus: Weight management
- ReFRESH: weight management programme
- School-based programmes such as sports carnival
Focus: Substance abuse
- Live It Up Without Lighting Up assembly skit on tobacco prevention
- Smoking Cessation for Youth
Focus: Mental health
- COPES: emotion management talk
- Next Steps: assembly talk on managing change and transition
Contact details of zonal leads